Sunday 29 July 2012

Dear diary the busy beaver edition

So as I predicted I haven't had much time for blogging these past few days. Miss K has been recovering from her virus nicely these past few days, and she is almost back to her normal sunny self finally. But that doesn't mean that the whole family is healthy right now. Two of my sisters have various infections and viruses, and one of my nieces has come out in a rash similar to Miss K's. Gotta love winter for the colds and bugs it spreads.

I have actually managed in between giving Miss K paracetamol and chasing after her to get some of her room redecorated this week, and it is starting to really come together. I've rearranged some of her furniture, taken down all of the decorations from her jungle themed room, and I've almost finished putting up her new wall border. If I can get a spare five minutes tomorrow I can finish that job and find another one that needs doing. I'm very pleased with the results so far, and I cannot wait to share them with you guys once I've taken more photos.

Well I have been a very busy little beaver this weekend, so much so that I now need another weekend just to get over this weekend. Yesterday I went shopping at Spotlight to take advantage of their fabric sales to buy some material for a new nappy stacker for Miss K's bedroom. I realised as I was starting to put the room together that her current pale blue nappy stacker didn't fit in with the rest of the room, so I decided to splurge on some Dr Seuss quilting fabric so I could whip up a new one for her. And whip up I did, with thanks to a free pattern I found online. It took me about 4 hours in total, part of which came from difficult to understand sewing instructions for a beginner like me, but I managed to pull it together in the end and I am ecstatic with the results. I'll have photos up once it's installed in Miss K's bedroom.

Today was also jam packed with activity, I took Miss K to get her photos taken by a professional today, which was an absolute disaster! To start with she was tired because I stupidly agreed to a sitting time that went over nap time, so she wasn't interested in sitting still and behaving herself for five minutes so we could get a nice picture. Then the photographer sat her on a chair that was too tall for her, and when she decided she had had enough of sitting down, she tried to get off the chair by belly flopping to the floor. I'm not certain how Miss K would have reacted if the photographer hadn't screamed when she did this, all of my family have long ago learned to not react to Miss K's tumbles until she does, and we have averted many tears in this way, however when someone new comes in, they don't always know this rule, and they react the way the photographer does, which is always guaranteed to make Miss K cry. That was the end of the photos for us, and just quietly I think the photographer was happy to see us leave. I'll pick the photos up next month, so I'll be interested to see if she was able to get any decent shots from us.

We also went out for tea tonight for my nephew's birthday, and then back to my sister's house for cake afterwards. It was a very enjoyable evening, and when we finally went home at 9 o'clock, I was actually disappointed that the evening had to end. But given that both Miss K and I were ready for bed it was a relief to get home and get into my jammies. My nephew's birthday isn't actually until Tuesday, so we'll actually get to celebrate it twice, and I've held off giving him his new Dr Dreadful set until Tuesday too, and I can't wait to see the look on his face when he realises he is now able to make zombie brains and eat them.

Well that's another week re-capped for now, I'm off to bed finally and glad to be going there too. I'll be back again soon as Miss K is almost completely better so I'll have a little more time on my hands this week. Although I think I will miss the extra cuddles I get from her when she isn't feeling a hundred percent. When she is healthy she is too full of beans to sit still long enough to hug her mother, so I take advantage of any extra affection any chance I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...