Friday, 31 August 2012

More illness, but still kicking

So I'm back again, I'm sure you all noticed my absence this week, and there really is no great excuse for it, I didn't get swept away on some romantic holiday on a beach somewhere, nor did the end of the world come causing all of the leaders of first world countries to beg me for my assistance. I just took a break from everything for a couple of days. Well almost everything, for some reason no one wanted to have a week long playdate with Miss K so she's been my constant companion this week. And now she has a cold. So she gets the joy of being my constant companion for a little while longer, just with more snot involved.

We actually shared a bed last night, something I haven't done in almost 12 months now, ever since she got too big to be trusted not to nose dive off the edge of my bed. And last night I remembered the best and worst things about sharing a bed with a little one. For one every single noise she made woke me up. Granted every one of those noises was usually her struggling to breathe through her blocked nose, or trying to cough up the gunk filling up her lungs, but I never knew until last night exactly how restless that little girl is. Also she decided that 4:30 this morning was the perfect time to get up and have a play, and refused to believe me when I tried to tell her that it was still night time and she needed to go back to sleep. Then she had the brainwave to try to keep me awake so I could play with her by hitting me in the face with her Elmo teddy over and over again. It was hard to be cross at her for this one however as I was too busy trying to hide my laughter every time his head came into contact with mine. She is such a character.

Today hasn't been too bad considering one of us is nursing a mucus monster inside of her and the other one is running on coffee fumes. We even went up the street, which can be a challenge at the best of times, but when Miss K is unwell it becomes a war. She wasn't impressed at having to be out and about, and she showed her displeasure by crying. The. Whole. Time. It was a relief to finally get home and bundle her into bed this afternoon. But more paracetamol, a drink and being bundled up in front of the telly seems to be keeping her happy for now so I'm just enjoying the calm before the next storm.

Well that's it for now, I really just wanted to let you guys know I'm still here and still thinking of you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...