Saturday 18 February 2012

I'll do it this afternoon.....

Another day another blog post :) I'm pretty pleased that I've managed to write here at least once a day since I started this. I'm enjoying having a goal that I actually want to achieve, instead of just goals that I feel I should be achieving. One such goal that is born out of necessity is to keep the house clean.

 Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not the neatest person in the world. In fact calling me a messy pig is an insult to pigs everywhere. (Side note, pigs are actually a surprisingly clean animal.) A few weeks ago, mum and I decided that in order to get on top of the housework once and for all. We wrote out a weekly schedule of all the household jobs that needed doing, with the intention that it would force us to be more organised and clean the house instead of just ignoring the mess. And for the most part it's working. I spend a lot less time chasing after Miss K making sure she's not getting into anything she's not meant to be, and for the first time in I don't know how long, I know I can go into the towel cupboard and know there will be towels there. I haven't been cleaning my room every day like I'm meant to be, in fact today was the first time I even attempted to give my room a spruce up, and I got halfway through and got bored. I'd say that I'll do it tomorrow, but Ady is coming down for his visit with Miss K, so I don't know if I'll be able to spare the time. (The perfect excuse to let the mess sit there for another couple of days. Mwa ha ha ha!!!!)

 The stupid thing is, as much as I hate cleaning, and as much as it bores me to tears, I actually find that I'm happier doing the housework now, because it is so much easier now it's being done daily instead of weekly or when I was living on my own monthly or even bi-monthly. I've even found a blog that gives you tips to get your entire house completely organised by tackling one job per week, and I'm going to follow that to help get rid of the cupboards full of junk that we never seem to be able to find the energy to clean out.

 So I'm still not a super neat freak, and I doubt I'll ever be, but the house is definitely cleaner, and I'm a lot more relaxed because of it.

 I'm going to finish now because there are back to back CSI episodes coming on in about ten minutes, and I don't want to miss the beginning. Time to veg out in front of the telly with some chocolate and crochet and relax. Everyone enjoy your weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...