Friday 4 October 2013

October Secret Subject Swap Wild Ride?

Hello again my lovelies and welcome to take one of the October Secret Subject Swap.  I'm sure you all know the drill by now, twelve bloggers who have taken leave of their senses decide to play blog lottery and let someone else choose their topic for the day. We then post at exactly the same time (give or take a few minutes and several different time zones) for your entertainment.


Now I introduce to you the eleven other bloggers who are partaking in this swap, you must go visit them all (once you've read my post and left me some love that is.)

http://BakingInATornado.com                              Baking In A Tornado
http://themomisodes.com/                                  The Momisodes
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                          Just A Little Nutty
http://crazyasnormal.com                                     Crazy As Normal
http://www.homeonderanged.com                         Home on Deranged
http://dawnsdisaster.blogspot.com                        Dawn’s Disaster
http://www.theinsomniacsdream.com/                 The Insomniac’s Dream
http://www.outsmartedmommy.com                    Outsmarted Mommy
www.theblacksheepmom.blogspot.com                 Black Sheep Mom
http://www.bethteliho.wordpress.com/                  Writer B is Me

So my topic today was submitted by Crazy As Normal, and it is: Not many people know this story, so strap yourself in for an amazing ride.  One time in high school I...

Hoo boy, so many stories so little time. There was the time I travelled back in time and managed to both jeapordize and then save my parent's relationship, oh wait that was Back to the Future. Well how about the time I got detention for skipping class and ended up spending my entire Saturday with a jock, a rebel, a nerd and a weirdo, ending up best friends with them by the end of the day? No that was the Breakfast Club. There was that time I met a sparkly vampire and fell in love with him and....yeah we all know where I'm going with that one.

To be perfectly honest I don't know that anyone needs to strap themselves in before hearing any of the stories of my youth. I'm not so much a super fast sports car as I am a child's tricycle, built more for safety than excitement. You see once upon a time I was actually a Good Girl. I didn't smoke, I only drank with my parent's permission, I stayed a virgin until my last year of school, (OK that one is probably not so much what a Good Girl would do but the guy and I had been dating for nearly 2 years at the time.) I never talked back to the teachers, I got straight A's in most of my subjects (except sport but I never cared about that) and I never skipped school without spending the time at home with mum.  Wow when I say it like that I actually sound boring. 

I guess the most reckless thing I did in my teen years was the night I snuck out of the house to meet a boy I had found in a chat room. Hey if you're going to rebel you might as well go big right??  Now I actually tried to sneak out of the house twice to meet him, but the first night I got cold feet and told my big sister what I was going to do. She convinced me to stay in and watch Beaches with her instead of breaking the rules. But I was determined to meet this boy, so I arranged to meet him again the next night. This time I kept my plans to myself and managed to get out of the house unnoticed and met up with him a few doors down from where I lived.  I don't know what I expected from that night, but needless to say he acted like a typical teenage boy who had been given the keys to the castle and got very grabby very quickly.  Luckily for me I had a my body my business policy even back then (I was still a good girl) so I put an end to the evening very quickly before I lost control of the situation. Unfortunately for me my sneaking skills have always been terrible so I got sprang by my big sister trying to creep back into bed. (The perils of sharing a bedroom.) Needless to say I was in very big trouble.

When mum found out the next day what I had done, she hit the roof. I got banned from the internet for months, banned from chat rooms forever and grounded for what seemed like an eternity. The grounding also came with hard labour so I spent the next few days cleaning places that hadn't seen a duster in ages. I was also made to send an email to the boy I'd snuck out to see telling him I could never see him again. That part wasn't so bad because I had no intentions of ever seeing him again so I wasn't absolutely heart broken, but I was humiliated at having to tell him I'd been sprang. But the months went past and eventually I was allowed back on the computer, but I never went into another chat room again. This all happened nearly 15 years ago and I still haven't visited a chat room since that night. Once a good girl always a good girl.

So that's it, you can unbuckle your seat belts now every one, the wild ride is over. I hope I didn't shock you guys too much with my wild and crazy antics, I'd hate to think you guys would start thinking about me differently.  I'm just thankful Miss K is too young to read just yet, I'd hate for her to start getting ideas for when she's a teenager just yet.

Well you've heard from me, now go and visit everyone else and keep the fun going. I'll be back again soon.

17 comments:

  1. You too, huh? I was a total good girl in high school. This prompt would have been a big fat failure if I'd gotten it! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell you what it was pretty hard to try and remember a time when I broke the rules, I was a bit worried mine was going to be a big fat failure too. Luckily I was naughty at least once in my early years.

      Delete
  2. Great post! Wow. You really were a dream child! Or I was more naughty than normal. Now I feel very sorry for my mother. *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah not quite a dream child, the flip side of being a good girl is that I had no friends, so mum had enough things to worry about without me going out and going wild.

      Delete
  3. Wow, sneaking out to meet a boy is one thing, but someone from a chat room? You're lucky that ended the way it did. And cleaning places that hadn't been cleaned for some time, that would cure me of chat rooms too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly cured me too. It was a long time before I tried anything that stupid again. I was lucky that things hadn't ended differently, it just took me a long time to realise that. I was too annoyed at having been caught at the time.

      Delete
  4. That's was a pretty wild ride for a good girl. And the only reason it happened is so you would have an awesome story to share for the Swapiversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, everything happens for a reason doesn't it. Although I'm not sure that excuse would have appeased my mum at the time. I can just imagine telling her I'd only done it to have something to write about in fifteen years time. I may still be banned from the internet if I'd tried that.

      Delete
  5. We should all be so lucky to learn so well from our mistakes.
    I so could relate to the dusting places no on has been in years part. If I wasn't in trouble I was out doing something that most likely would lead to trouble.
    I'm grateful internet came on scene the last year I was in H.S. or I'm sure I would have been sneaking out with ya. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love people who can still remember when the internet came out. It makes me feel so old to realise that something that young people take for granted today was nothing more than science fiction in my childhood. But I did learn quickly to treat everything out there with extreme caution.

      Delete
  6. I guess I am lucky that the internet didn't even exist yet when I was in high school. AHHH why am I so old!? I think if my mom had made me clean places that had not been cleaned in quite some time I would never do it again either. Great post.
    Jen@Outsmarted Mommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, I feel pretty old too sometimes, especially when I start reminiscing about our first dial up modem. And one of the joys of being a good girl is that we learn our lessons pretty damn quickly. I hated being in trouble.

      Delete
  7. Hi Angelique welcome to the fold. Always glad to return a follow for a follow, can't wait to see your work. and join in the fun with the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very daring, as most of us are in our teens.
    Visiting from The Blog Strut. Following via Bloglovin'
    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks Barbara, it felt pretty daring at the time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Well, when you decide to rebel, you do it big! Glad it turned out safely for you, and you have a pretty cool story to tell ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I never did things in halves when I was younger, I am certainly a lot more cautious now. I look back at my early days and wonder how the hell I survived my early twenties.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...