Tuesday 11 September 2012

Miss K's special visitors

So I officially hate bookkeeping. This stuff is doing my head in. My assignments are due tomorrow and I'm nowhere near ready to submit them. I'd like to give a good reason why I didn't get my homework done in time, but really I left it to the last minute, and instead of doing homework today I spent time with my baby brother and his partner. On the plus side, instead of doing homework today, I spent time with my baby brother and his partner, so it all worked out in the end.

Today was another random visit from my city slicker brother Ben, but this time his partner Tristan made the trip down with him to visit Miss K. (He says he was coming to see all of us but we know the real reason.) Unfortunately Miss K didn't feel like playing nice today and ignored him for most of his visit. At first she was playing shy and hiding behind me, but then she just ignored anyone who mentioned his name to her, which is  frustrating at the best of times. Eventually my little brother got tired of her games and just grabbed her and plonked her down on Tristan's lap. That was all it took and they were best friends from then on. And he fed her chocolate which is always a bonus in Miss K's books. Add to that the excitement that my little brother always manages to inject into any child that he spends time with, and Miss K was bouncing off the walls for the rest of the afternoon. She especially loved dancing to the accordion music provided by my little brother. I am so jealous of his ability to pick up any instrument and be able to play it. My attempts at playing the accordion are almost as fun to listen to as a bagpipes solo. Luckily for me Miss K doesn't know the meaning of the words terrible music yet, so she just thinks I am a genius.

I felt especially bad after Miss K's behaviour because she doesn't seem to realise the amount of people who visit here just to spend time with her. (Of course they all say they like the rest of us but we don't get the hugs and kisses Miss K does.) I am always surprised at my daughter's ability to turn the charm on at the drop of a hat. Especially when there are males around. Her eyes get bigger, the smiles get wider and the tricks she will pull just to get attention are just shameful. I can't even get her to talk if she doesn't want to, but put her into a room full of men and she is in her element.(I am already very nervous for her teenage years.) The beautiful thing is that everyone who knows Miss K adores her as much as she adores them. She will tolerate hugs and kisses from my nephew more than she does from anyone else, her face lights up whenever she sees my sisters or my dad, and my little sister's boyfriend gets more attention from her than anyone else when he visits.

Now I am ashamed to admit that my first instinct is never to pull out the camera, so I have very few photos of Ben or Tristan with Miss K. However thanks to my little brother's awesome iPhone, he did have a few pictures taken the last time both he and his partner came down for the weekend, that he has kindly forwarded to me so I can share them with my wonderful audience. I don't think Tristan will be as thrilled, and you will see why in a few seconds.

This is my baby brother holding Miss K. The funny thing is they both have fountains coming out of their heads, but only Miss K's is deliberate. 

This makes me giggle every time I look at the look on Tristan's face. I probably should explain that it was taken fairly early in the morning which explains why he is still in his pyjamas and neither of them look very focused. 

But even though my camera didn't get pulled out while we had visitors, as soon as I had dropped the boys off at my sister's house and come home to cook tea, I did think to pull out my camera to capture Miss K after all of the excitement had died down. 

All together now - Awwwww

The poor little mouse was so exhausted she didn't move until she realised her dinner was cooking and she came into the kitchen to beg for food. 

So that's another day gone, which means that tomorrow is going to be an absolute panic of homework, numbers and hair pulling as I attempt to get all of my work done and handed in on time. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...