Sunday 17 March 2013

Happy St Patrick's Day!!!!

Ok so I figured I'd better write a blog before I pop the top on my first can of whiskey otherwise I'd just end up writing some hot mess of a post that I'd need to apologise for tomorrow.

It's the wearing of the green today, which for me means borrowing some of Nat's fluro green nail polish, as I own not one single scrap of green clothing, despite the fact that I know at least once a  year it would get worn. I guess green just isn't my colour, and I'm terrified of walking around all day looking like a giant avocado. This year though I let Miss K get in on the action, as she does own green clothing, as well as green hair accessories, and I even let her borrow some of Nat's nail polish too, which is a rare treat for her, as I hate nail polish on babies.

We had a massive day today, it was Miss K's visit weekend with her dad, so we spent 40 minutes at Maccas so they could have a play on the equipment together, then we rushed off to pick up a friend of mine and his daughter and traveled to a massive big shed 30km away to have a play on the biggest indoor playground I have ever seen. Seriously, this thing is huge. The area for the big kids is filled with a massive jungle gym type thing that is about 10 feet tall, and has slides, climbing bars, lots of hidey holes and even a trampoline I think. The area for the toddlers isn't quite as big, but there was a huge ball pit there, as well as giant foam blocks, tricycles, scooters, cars and anything else you could think of that would keep a kid happy for a couple of hours. Even though it was a rainy day down here today, we had the place to ourselves for most of the afternoon, I think that there is some big car race on telly today or something, which could have explained the lack of children running around terrorizing each other.

But luckily for me, despite the lack of other playmates there Miss K had a ball, and we were there so long she missed her afternoon nap, which meant she was in bed an hour early tonight, so I have an extra hour to get my Irish on. Given that my mum's family like many in Australia were originally from Ireland, St Patrick's Day is a good day for us to recognize our heritage, as well as teach the kids a bit about where they came from too. But mostly it's about remembering the proud tradition of getting drunk and punching each other.

So I'm off to eat a pastie to line my stomach and get my drink on. And if the night ends before I get to dance at least one jig, I'm going to be very depressed.

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone, and as the Irish say, Wherever you go and whatever you do,
May the luck of the Irish be there with you.

This image is what comes up when you type Irish into the search field of a stock photography website. Doesn't it just scream Ireland to you guys?


2 comments:

  1. Hi there!! How was your St. Patty's day festivities by the end of the night? I hope you got to really relax and have some fun!!

    I found you over at bloggy moms and love your blog!! I'm following you now.

    You can find me over at www.piecesofjoj0.blogspot.com.

    Looking forward to more posts from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo thanks for stopping by.

    My evening was pretty good, I had a little leprechaun decide she didn't want to stay in bed so she got up and joined in the festivities, which put a stop to my drinking for the evening, but we still had lots of fun. I'll put up some photos today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...