Monday 17 September 2012

The new 30 day challenge

Hi peeps, as I mentioned yesterday I am reinventing my 30 ways in 30 days challenge to make it more achievable and easier for me to follow. Previously I just had a list of tips for being more organised, and while it was good inspiration, and worked for a little while, it just wasn't structured or organised properly so failure was imminent. So having said that, allow me to introduce you to...

Ooh it even has it's own banner!

That's right, 30 day challenge series. Because I don't just want to change one habit here, I have a heap of them I want to change, so each of them deserves its own challenge. Below in no particular order is a list of all of the parts of my life that I want to change, but I may add to it at a later date. 

30 day challenges I would like to complete
Finish all the projects I have started
Stick to a more organised and scheduled day
Become tidier
Get rid of all the clutter
Become an exercise junkie
Quit smoking
Become a better healthier cook
Make my blog more well known
Create and use a household binder
Become better at handling my finances
Stop hating going shopping
Organise my craft area
Make my bedroom look and feel pretty

So it makes sense to start with the more urgent bad habits first so my very first 30 day challenge will be to become tidier. Now there will be some overlap with some of these challenges, part of getting tidier will be to get rid of all of the clutter, but really this challenge is going to be all about learning to be more house-proud and making my job as a mum a whole lot easier by removing a lot of little jobs from my day. 

So what is going to happen is I am giving myself seven days of challenges at a time, and I'll share them with you all at the beginning of each week. I will be coming back here at the end of every week to report my progress and how successful I have been at completing my challenges for the week, and hopefully at the end of the 30 days I will have formed better housekeeping habits to last me a lifetime. So my first seven days of challenges are:

Day 1 - Create a cleaning schedule for every job that needs to be done around the house. Organise the jobs into ones that need to be done daily, weekly, monthly etc and nominate a day that each job needs to be done

Day 2 - Get rid of at least ten things today. Throw them in the bin or take them to the second hand store, but get them out of the house

Day 3 - Power clean day. Set a buzzer for fifteen minutes and only clean until the buzzer goes off. Take a short break and repeat. Keep going until all your work for the day is complete. 

Day 4 - Tackle my bedroom and get it clean and liveable. 

Day 5 - Find one house hot spot (a place where junk always seems to end up) and clean it thoroughly

Day 6 - Find one cupboard that is full of junk and get it cleaned out and all unnecessary junk ready to be thrown in the bin or taken to the second hand store

Day 7 - Pick a room and wash all the walls from floor to ceiling. 

So that's my first week all planned out. So today is day 1 of my challenge, and probably my easiest day because I had already started mapping out a cleaning schedule before today. (Technically cheating I know, but I'm the one making the rules here so I can play dirty if I want.) I'll check back with you guys next Monday with my progress and hopefully pictures if I remember to drag my trusty camera out of hiding while I'm cleaning. 

Well that's it for now, I'll be back next Monday with my progress report and another 7 days of challenges for myself. Anyone watching at home, please feel free to join in with me if the mood strikes you, and of course I'd love to hear your thoughts as well. Don't forget to click on the pretty buttons to the right of your screen and join me on Facebook or Twitter for more hijinxes and fun, and until next time, stay awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...