Thursday 2 August 2012

Quick update - Miss K's sleeping habits

So I mentioned the other day here that I was trying to wean Miss K from her night time stirrings this week. Well we are up to day four of my weaning, and so far so good. On Tuesday night things didn't go exactly to plan because my little sister, who isn't entirely aware of what I'm trying to do at the moment brought Miss K into my room as soon as she started screaming at 12:00 in the morning. Given that I hadn't expected her to wake up to Miss K, I hadn't filled her in on my new ignore her and I'll deal with her rule, so I had to take Miss K off her hands and settle her down and try again the next night.

So last night Miss K got up again at 10:00, and was given a drink of water and put straight back into bed. She went back to sleep and all was quiet. Until she woke up again at midnight and expected me to come pick her up and play with her till she got tired again. Luckily my little sister was out last night, so there were no interruptions this time. I got up after a couple of minutes of Miss K's complaining, laid her back down in her bed and turned her mobile on for her. She complained for all of five minutes, and then...there was silence. SUCCESS!!!

So she is hopefully finally getting the message that midnight is no longer play time, and within the next two weeks I am hoping that I won't have to go in and settle her any more. Happy dances all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...