Saturday 12 May 2012

Getting ready for Mother's Day

So tomorrow is a special day (in Australia it is anyway), it's the day where we give thanks to our mothers for everything they have done and will do for us in the future. This will be my second Mother's Day, but given that Miss K is still too young to understand what all the hooplah is all about, I still get to throw all of my energy into my mum.

As I have previously mentioned, I love to scrapbook, and as a side hobby I make cards for special occasions. I used to try to sell these at markets, but never got very far with it, but I still love to make cards for my nearest and dearest. My Mother's Day card for my mum took me 3 days this year. That may sound like a long time to spend on a card, but keep in mind I still have to organise all my craft time into tiny windows of time when Miss K is asleep. I'm so happy with the end result of my handiwork I've decided to share it with all of you, my wonderful readers so that you too can enjoy it.




I know it doesn't look like much when it's closed and you're probably still thinking I'm really slow if that took me three days to complete, but just you wait till I open it up for you guys and then maybe you'll see what it is that makes this card so labour intensive.




Yes it's an accordion card!! and quite a complex looking one at that. Now I can't take any of the credit for this card's design as I found it here with lots of easy to read and understand instructions. The only thing I can truly take credit for is the papers I used and the rose picture in the centre panel. (And even that was stamped first and then coloured in with pens.)

So I'm ready for Mother's Day tomorrow (having done the last minute rush for a present yesterday) now all I have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the day.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mum's out there, have a wonderful day and make sure your children (and their fathers) spoil you rotten. You all deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...